If you have a shattered shower door, don’t panic. There are a few simple steps you can take to clean up the mess and restore your shower to its pre-fragmented state.
Oops! SHATTERED Our Shower Door – NOW WHAT?
How to safely clean up shattered glass
There are numerous ways to safely clean up shattered glass.
1. Cover the area with a piece of paper or a cloth.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner with a Pet Hair attachment to suck up the broken pieces of glass.
3. Use a broom and dustpan to sweep up the glass and debris.
4. Use a hose to wet down the area and pour 409 or a cleaner specifically designed for glass cleaning solutions onto the glass and debris.
5. Scrub the glass and debris with a stiff brush.
6. Rinse the area with water and dry it off.
How to avoid cuts and injuries
If you’re like most people, you probably take a shower at least once a day. But if your shower door has a broken screen, you might be in for a nasty surprise.
In a worst-case scenario, a shattered shower door can lead to cuts on your hand and arm if you’re not careful. Here’s how to avoid these injuries:
1. Use caution when showering. If your shower door is broken, take extra caution when opening it. Try to avoid being hit in the face with the broken screen.
2. Clean up any glass shards. If you do get cut, clean the wound with a mild soap and water. Don’t use harsh chemicals, as they can cause further injury.
3. Seek medical attention if you’re injured. If you’re injured by a shattered shower door, seek medical attention as soon as possible. A doctor can properly clean and dress the wound.
How to clean up the mess quickly
If there is glass on the floor and it has been cut, it can easily become a safety hazard. If glass is on the floor, you’ll need to vacuum up the glass and any small pieces that have fallen. To clean up the shower door, use a damp cloth and mild soap. Clean the entire door with the cloth, paying attention to the areas that are most likely to get wet. Be sure to get behind the glass and between the tiles. Wipe off the soap residue with a dry cloth.
How to dispose of the shattered glass
If your shower door has shattered, there are a few things you can do to clean it up. You can try to use a vacuum cleaner with the hose attachment to suck up the shards and debris, but be careful not to pinch your fingers. You can also purchase a special cleaner designed specifically for shower doors and use that to scrub the glass clean. Just be sure to use a lot of caution and wear gloves if you decide to try this approach.
How to prevent future breakage
- First, use a plunger to remove any large pieces of glass.
2. If there is still glass on the outside of the shower door, use a vacuum cleaner to suction onto the glass and pull it off. Be careful not to pull the handle off the vacuum cleaner!
3. Wear gloves and clean the area with an SOS pad.
4. If there is still glass on the inside of the shower door, use a plunger to remove any large pieces of glass.
5. Use a vacuum cleaner to suction onto the glass and pull it off. Be careful not to pull the handle off the vacuum cleaner!
6. Wear gloves and clean the area with an SOS pad.
Cleaning up shattered shower door can be a daunting task, but it is definitely doable with a little bit of preparation and some supplies. Follow these simple steps to get the job done quickly and easily:
1. Clean up the area around the broken glass. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any glass shards or other debris.
2. Use a bucket and some soapy water to clean up the shower door itself. Use a cloth to scrub the surface of the door.
3. Use a bucket of warm water and a cleaning agent to clean the area around the doorjamb.
4. Use a bucket of cold water and a cleaning agent to clean the area beneath the door.